A STARTING SPECIFICATION:
- Tyres and wheels should be heavy duty but suitable for indoor use.
- Magnetic clutch to disengage drive for manual operation via the front wheels.
- Electric steering box for long haul road use.
- 2 lightweight dry cell 12-V batteries. Charged alternately when start motor is in generator (dynamo) mode.
- Push button control panel; left or right or both, chair arm mounted. Rainproof buttons.
- Front wheel hubs at 680 mm approximately and about 1100 mm front to rear wheels.
- A 25 watt lamp and a camping tent temporary night light.
- An electric heat dump brake control.
700 watt engine output at 3000 rpm is based upon ONE 150 mm diameter flywheel x 82 thick for a mass of 11.5 kg. Gears are as detailed for the STEEL INERTIA QUANTUM DRIVE. Housing is 165 O/D in aluminium alloy and estimated gross weight is approx 13.5 kg inc. gearbox. For car boot storage ... detachable drive end and a folding front with canvas seat and back.